Saturday, August 14, 2010

Catching Up!

I have needed to catch up on my blog for a couple weeks now, but just hadn't gotten around to it. I held a new catalog open house at the end of July, my daughter got her driver's license on August 4th, I celebrated my birthday on the 7th and last but not least I celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary with my husband last night. Whew!

To celebrate my customers and the new Stampin' Up! catalog, I held a new catalog open house where customers could come and go as they pleased and make 2 cards for free. This is the first card we made. It uses the new Artistic Etchings stamp set (118517 Wood or 120573 Clear). I used the colors pink pirouette, crumb cake and early espresso and distressed the edges for a more vintage look.



The second card everyone got to make for free was a baby card using the new Baby Tees jumbo wheel (118621). This was the first time many of the girls used the Stampin' Wheel to make a card. The wheels are great for decorating gift bags or big spaces as they are so simple to use. We cut out the 3 different baby tees and layered them on the card front with dimensionals. The card also uses the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (117335) and the Scallop Edge border punch (119882).



The following cards are from my fellow demonstrators of The Topics!. Penny my upline does a great job of keeping us "in the know" each month regarding birthdays, illnesses, births, etc and it is wonderful to get a mailbox full of cards when it is your special day. The top card is from Pam D'Urso, the bottom card is from Judy Sumner.



The card on the left is from Carolyn Gray, and the card on the right is from Judy Sumner.



Penny Thomas made the top card and Patty made the bottom card.



The butterfly card was made by Robin Owens and though the last card was store bought and not handmade it made me laugh. My good friend Jan sent me this. You just gotta love it!



Now that I am caught up, tomorrow will be spent making cards and cutting paper for my Simple & Sweet Stamp Camp which will be held next Saturday 8-21 from 2-5pm. We will be making 5 cards with a clean and simple theme. Want to come? Cost is only $10, please RSVP by the 18th so I can have enough supplies ready for all!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,
Diane

1 comment: