Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stampin' Christmas Party and My Favorite Christmas Cookie

Hope everybody had a safe and happy Saturday. I spent the morning at work, but this afternoon was spent with my Stampin' Up fellow demonstrators at our Christmas party. My upline, Penny, graciously opened her house to all of us. We had a chinese auction with ornaments, great food and drink, and even a couple of fun items we made. Below is the first item Penny had for us. It is made using an empty glass ornament and filling with candies.

The cool part was that she also made this cute little box, that serves as a holder for the ornament. Isn't it neat?

The second item we stamped was a cute little gum wrapper. Perfect for stuffing in a stocking or leaving on a desk of a friend as a little winter pick me up!

As part of the Christmas party, we all brought different snacks/drinks to enjoy. One of my fellow stampers, Trudy, came up with the idea to make a recipe book. We each printed our individual recipes and decorated in some way with a stamp set, and Trudy made front and back covers to make our recipe book official. She really did a wonderful job. They are really cute! Thanks again Trudy!

My recipe contribution was for my Grandma McFadden's Chocolate Cookies. I remember making these over the years with family. The cookie is a cake like chocolate cookie iced with fudge! We keep ours in the fridge and eat them cold.

I will have to post a separate post with my recipe card as I just realized I forgot it and it won't let me add any more pictures right now.

I decorated the tree this evening, maybe tomorrow I can get my secret stamper items completed. I am behind a month due to unforeseen circumstances, but have the ideas ready to go.

Have a great weekend,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment