Sunday, September 5, 2010

Finally!



I have been wanting to make one of the Top Note character boxes since I saw them last year. I got the directions for this particular box from the blog Dream, Create and Share. If you click here you will go to her tutorial for the Frankie Top Note Box.

I changed mine up a bit as I did not have some of the punches she used. For the eyes, I used 1/2" circle punch for the black part of the eye, 1 1/4' circle punch for the white. I hand cut his hair with scissors in a random pattern instead of using a punch. I also used the 1/2" punch for the nose. My mouth was free handed with a Stampin' Write basic black marker. I am happy with the finished product. I had my husband buy me some 16 gauge Tie Wire from Lowe's which I used for the handle.




You can see it better on this picture of the back of the box. You will need some wire cutters and maybe a set of pliers to bend the ends up so they do not stick out in the box. If you are coming to my Happy Halloween Stamp Camp this is one of the projects we will be making. :)

Have a great evening!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment