Sunday, January 2, 2011

Belated Christmas Card Post!

Just as I was late in mailing my Christmas cards this year, finally I have pictures to post. Yeah! I made 4 styles of cards this year, all CASED from Stampin' Connection. Thank you to all those who are so creative out there.

The first card I CASED used the Dasher stamp. I stamped snowflakes in Craft White on Crumb Cake card stock placed on an Early Expresso card base. Dasher was stamped in Early Expresso also then decorated with glitter and rhinestones. I added a layer of Always Artichoke paper and seam binding to the front of the card for a little extra color pop.



The next 2 cards were cased from Beth Crocker on Stampin' Connection. I just fell in love with them and had to make them. The first is a Santa Suit made with the Top Note die. I swear that Die is one of the most versatile dies we carry. If you know me, you know I really like Santa's at Christmas. My house is decorated with that mythical fat man! The sentiment is not Stampin' Up, but something I picked up at Michaels a while back.



This card used the new stamp set Rejoicing in Christmas that was in the Holiday Mini Catalog. (Just a footnote if there was something you meant to buy but didn't get, the Holiday Mini's last day to order is tomorrow January 3rd) This card has an Always Artichoke card base with the image stamped in Crumb cake on Very Vanilla card stock. A strip of Cherry Cobbler with Always Artichoke seam binding is attached on the side. The Star of David was stamped twice once directly on the Very Vanilla card stock then again on Crushed Curry then cut out and placed over the original stamp. A rhinestone was added to the center to make it twinkle.




Last but not least is a card cased from Marie Shaugnessy. I really liked how this turned out. The branches were stamped from a tree from Lovely as a Tree stamp set. I attached the ornament to the tree with gold elastic using a paper clip for the ornament hanger.



I think all four cards gave me a nice variety this year. Next year I think I need to start a lot earlier so I can have them ready to mail BEFORE Christmas! :)

Oh well, I tried.

Happy Stamping!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment