Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happiness Always

I had no idea where I was going with this card, but wanted to use these cute Cuttlebug Butterflies that a friend let me borrow. It comes with a die to cut the butterfly and 4 different embossing folders. I used a beige colored vellum and I love the way the embossing looks on the vellum.


I played along this week with CR84FN's color challenge. The 3 colors to be used were light blue, pale yellow and kraft. I thought what am I going to do with those colors!? In the end it just fell together. The end product makes me happy, and that is why I chose the sentiment "Happiness Always". Though we all have a lot going on in our lives with work, family, etc, we need to remember to make ourselves happy. I needed this right now and the 30 minutes I spent making this card made me happy.


Thanks for looking!
Diane

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Diane! The embossed vellum butterflies look amazing! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! The embossed butterflies with the corduroy buttons are so AMAZING against that embossed background! LOVE the paper piercing, too! You are so right about taking some time to make ourselves happy! THIS is one HAPPY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - fabulous butterflies!!! Great texture too - it's a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Diane!!! The vellum butterflies are STUNNING!!! WOW! The embossing looks great too! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card....gorgeous butterflies...thats one emb. folder I have to get!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card made me happy too!

    ReplyDelete