Saturday, January 16, 2010

All you need is Love

Today was my "All you need is Love" stamp camp. The girls arrived around 2 and by 5-5:30 we had 5 neat Valentine items made and ready to be given to their loved ones.



We started off the stamp camp by making this PINK (I mean very PINK) valentine card. Card stock used was Stampin' Up pink pirouette, whisper white and some designer paper that I earned for FREE by ordering at least $50 during Sale-a-bration which is continuing thru March 31st. The designer paper is a 6x6 pad named Welcome Neighbor. The stamp used is an old Stampin' Up stamp from 2000. We embossed the stamp with white embossing powder. I think it looks so elegant.



Next we moved on to a treat bag filled with Sweethearts. Did you know they now have ones that say "text me" and "tweet me"? It is good to know they are keeping up with technology! :) We used the new Glassine bags from the occasions mini catalog to hold the sweethearts. The topper used the new scalloped border punch along with the mini heart punch. I just love how the new punches are flatter for storage and once unlocked become like a regular punch.



Here are the girls hard at work. Or should I say hard at having fun as stamping is a LOT more fun than work!



We took a break in between projects and filled our bellies with Chicken Enchilada dip and turtle brownies for dessert. Here is a picture of my dog Maggie. She dressed especially for the day in her new Valentine neckerchief. She wears one all the time, feels naked without it.



This next item is a CASED item from my upline Penny. I used a different type of gum so I had to make some adjustments, but the design and idea is all hers. Her original version is here on her blog. The flower and leaf on the front is from the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt from the new mini catalog. I just love it. It adds dimension and I just love different embellishments. The center of the flower is a new Pretty in Pink Sending Love Epoxy Brad. We just used our paper piercer and made a hole in the felt flower to put the brad through.



My last card uses Real Red and So Saffron SU paper, but the stamped bee image is from another company. We used square punches for the black and white squares, dimensionals to give the images a "pop" on the card, paper piercer for faux stitching with white gel pen and SU marker to color the images.



We also made the candy box from a previous post. All in all a fun afternoon was had by all. I made a little something extra for my Stampin' Pal, but can't post here or Pam will see it. :) I hate keeping secrets so I better get it in the mail.

Watch my demonstrator website for details on my next stamp camp. I will also update the "ticker" on the right side of my blog once a date has been finalized. Hope you all have a great weekend ( I know I will as I have a 3 day weekend, yippee!)

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment