Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Magnetic Bookmark

I wish I would have come across how to make this bookmark about 2 weeks ago. I just finished reading the 2 books I received for Christmas and used a receipt for a bookmark. This bookmark is so easy to make and it is magnetic! Yes, magnetic. You place it on your page and it won't move or fall out accidentally. How cool!



You can make the bookmark by cutting 2 pieces of designer paper, I used paper from the new Sweet Pea Designer Paper from the Occasions Mini catalog, 8 inches by 2 inches. You will then need to score the bookmark at 2 inches. I purchased magnets from "Basic Grey" and adhered 1 to each side of the top 2 inch square. ( Just a hint, I first purchased round magnets from Hobby Lobby, but they were not strong enough to keep the bookmark closed) You then attach the other paper to the first covering the magnets.



Next just decorate any way you like. If you google "magnetic bookmark" on U tube you can find directions with a video. This came together really easily and quickly.



I would enjoy receiving one, in fact I will have to make me one next!

Hope you all had a great day!
Diane

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cute idea! I bought some of those magnets for a box template so I may have to try this! I LOVE how you have the initial on it as well. what a great gift this would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to give me your email or add it to your blog. My email is where you click to see my profile. I already mailed the
    cards;-( Sorry! Would love the books. I'll come see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete