Sunday, January 17, 2010

Partial Catalog CASE and Button Flowers a la Dawn McVey

I ran across this post on Dawn McVey's blog and have been wanting to make the button flowers ever since. The video she has is easy to follow and the flowers come together very quickly.



The flowers are made from the scalloped circle punch. You simply punch five scalloped circles, put together with a brad in the center, scrunch up and place button in the center with a dimensional.



My friend Sue has been telling me about the little leaves die cut Stampin' Up carries on page 197 of the catalog. Sue has used this on so many cards and it is so versatile. I finally purchased one for myself. Todays card is a partial CASE of the card on page 197 of the catalog.



I kept the cardstock and colors the same, but added the button flower and stamped the sentiment from Trendy Trees "thanks so much". I then used the word punch to cut out the sentiment and popped it up with dimensionals.



One of these thank you cards will be going to work for a co-worker who helped train us on a new system. It is always nice to get a little something to let you know you were appreciated. I think this card will hit the spot!

Sweet dreams,
Diane

1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin' the flowers! Don't you just LOVE the text and the buttons! FAB!

    ReplyDelete